In honor and celebration of the Seahawks’ first game of the season, we invite everyone coming to the dojo tomorrow to wear their Seahawks gear. Show your blue and green pride while you train. (Wear your red and gold gear under your gi.) You know who you are.
Membership Renewal packets have been mailed. If you do NOT receive one by August 20, please come by the front desk for printouts. Membership renewals are due by September 1, and only students who’ve joined in the month of August are exempt from filling out new paperwork. Thanks for your continued support and attendance.
Professional karate portraits will be available this year. Duke is coming to take pictures of all our students on October 6 and 7 of this year. Packages will be going out soon. We encourage everyone to participate, regardless of intent to purchase a package. We want the every member included in our photos.
To all parents: (please spread the word to those not currently on Facebook) COME INSIDE to pick up your children after class. This is a safety issue – protect your kids and don’t ask them to leave the building alone.
This has been a long-standing policy, but compliance has dropped, significantly. A staff member is not available to walk students to cars, and we can’t be responsible for children once they leave the building.
In conjunction with North City Jazz Walk, please join USA Karate Academy for an evening of bully-proofing and martial arts competition. From 4:30 to 8:00pm, we have events for all. Spectators are encouraged and welcome!
Sponsor us: Karate-thon is presented as a fundraiser for our travel team. Please sponsor a student for spar-a-thon, kata-thon, and/or break-a-thon!
4:30 – 5:15pm: Bully-proofing (open to all kids under 12—no membership or martial arts experience required.)
5:30 – 6:30pm: Spar-a-thon and Kata-thon (registration required)
6:45 – 7:45pm: Break-a-thon a.k.a. board-breaking! (participation & registration by invitation only)
Karate-Thon and Jazz Walk Flyer.
1535 NE 177th St.
Shoreline, WA 98155
The Pink Polka Dots is a foundation that raises money for research to fight brain cancer in young children. A benefit golf tournament will be held on September 6, in Everett, Washington. All proceeds directly benefit cancer research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the Children’s Hospital Research Institute.
The Pink Polka Dots partners annually with Intec, an Everett company managed by Sydney’s parents, to hold our largest event of the year.
The Sydney Coxon Memorial Golf Tournament is conducted the first weekend of September each year at Legion Memorial Golf Course. We welcome supporters and community members to join us for a fun day of golf in the sun and an inspiring evening of dinner, speakers, and a silent auction.
Golfer registration is $135 per person and includes
- Green fee and cart
- Snacks and refreshments on the course
- Silent auction
- Buffet dinner and dessert
Dinner Only registration is $65 and includes
Directions to the golf course.
Karate Day Camp is almost upon us! Running from Monday, August 4 through Friday, August 8, this is a great opportunity for fun and dojo bonding. Sign up now to secure your spot.
- Camp is available to everyone, even children not currently attending USA Karate Academy. This means the campers do NOT spend 7 hours training in kata and kumite. There’s a heavy element of fun.
- A typical day includes games, crafts, and karate. We go outside, watch the occasional movie, and bond as a group. Lesson plans differ by day, so there’s always something new and exciting.
- We have discounts. The second student you enroll is charged 50 percent less than the first. We’re also offering an Early Bird Discount, if you sign up before August 1, the first student’s fee is discounted $25. For a family of 2, these discounts add up to over $100!
- If we don’t have enrollment of at least 10 students by August 1, camp will be cancelled.